Learn about the process of writing a book…
My nose is dug deep in writing this book right now, but that doesn’t mean we can’t stay connected.
The book is tentatively titled “Lawyer Forward: Finding Your Place in the Future of Law” and it’s been a heck of a process. In the book I argue that you should create big content pieces like a book, so watching me sort this out might be helpful to you.
If you sign up for this list, I’ll share some of the primary arguments of the book as well as the logistics involved with getting it published. I’m passionate about the ideas but know they won’t get out without me doing the legwork. Take a peek at the work I’ve done and see if writing a book could be right for you.
Here are a few of the ideas the book covers:
- Why don’t potential clients trust us?
- Are all solo attorneys really “entrepreneurs?”
- What’s the difference between an access business and an expertise business?
- How can the Legal Supply Chain Model help you connect with experts to better serve clients?
- How do you build and leverage social capital?
- How do we justify premium fees with qualifications, rather than membership in a monopoly?
There’s so much in here, so I hope you’ll come on this ride with me.
If you sign up for this email list, I’ll send you free sample chapters, sections of interviews with experts that may not make it into the book, and an invitation to become a Beta Reader to get the whole book for free.
These ideas are important. Thank you for helping me work through them and get them out to others.
-Mike Whelan, Jr.